These home automation ideas save me 6+ hours per week! 🤯
Roborock anniversary sale starts 8/29: https://bit.ly/3OCsY7v
Part of this video is sponsored by Roborock.
Lutron Serena shades: https://www.serenashades.com/
Unifi doorbell: https://amzn.to/3s7A7VF
Kasa energy monitoring outlet: https://amzn.to/3sipek9
Lutron light switches: https://amzn.to/3YH08aG
Ecobee smart thermostat: https://amzn.to/3OEvQRk
Rachio irrigation controller: https://amzn.to/3sjiqTm
Echo Show 15: https://amzn.to/3DZaCbI
My smart home favorites: https://www.amazon.com/shop/smarthomesolver
If you want to add the automation to your iPhone or iPad to stop you from time-wasting apps, do this:
– Go to the Shortcuts app
– Click Automation at the bottom
– Create Personal Automation
– Scroll down and click “App”
– Choose the app/apps since you can select multiple time wasting apps and keep “Is Opened” selected and click on Next
– Search for the action and type “Menu” and select “Choose from Menu”
– You can rename the menu options and then search for actions. Search for “Open App”. Select the app and then drag that action under one of the menu options. That way when you click the menu button it will open that app.
– After you are done with the actions click “Next” and turn off “Ask Before Running”. That’s it!
Subscribe to Smart Home Solver: https://bit.ly/3joO1dZ
Subscribe to Reed’s Smart Home: http://bit.ly/3EulO02
0:28 Phone alarm clock
1:08 Checking on things
2:10 Too much media
4:47 Irrigation Control
5:33 Mop + vacuum
6:53 Security Alarm
8:19 Time Saved
9:06 Is it worth it?
9:35 What really matters
All of the music throughout is by Nihilore.
Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7LVYQYkdLFkkpJiGdkzX9K
Ending song is The End by EVA.